Our expert picks out the BEST VALUE in the 1st Grand Tour!
Winner – Stage 6
Extremely unlucky yesterday when Modolo was taken out the race on the final bend. His Lampre team had him in perfect position and he looked like he would challenge Griepel for the win. Today we head to the mountains and the GC boys step up, but could well be a smaller star allowed to win the stage!
It’s not the hardest mountain stage ever and history tells us that GC top 10 rarely win these early climbing stages.Once again it’s so open so I’ll be having small each way bets on a few outsiders. Sergey Firsanov has been a revelatuion this season and is no threat to the GC, he may be able to jump from the leading group and take a huge stage win for Russia.
Another riding well is Nicolas Roche who could well be allowed to join a breakaway as his team mate Landa is the dangerous rider in the Sky team. The Irishman is riding well and can take his first Giro stage today on a road map that really suits his style,
King of the Mountain looks to be between Stefano Pirazzi and Damiano Cunego, who are already fighting tooth and nail for the early points. One or both will be desperate to get in a breakaway and then there is the small possibility it willl stay all the way. I’m taking Pirqazzi as the stronger climber to be there at the end if the breakaway holds on.
Finally I’m going for Giovanni Visconti who always pops up with a stage win at the Giro. He loves riding in Italy and will stay in the peoton until the last few kilometres and then try a customary break on the final ascent.
- Sergay Firsanov 0.5 points E/W @ 25/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
- Nicolas Roche 0.5 points E/W @ 40/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
- Stefano Pirazzi 0.5 points E/W @ 28/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
- Giovanni Visconti 0.5 points E/W @ 40/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
STAGE 5 Tips
- Sacha Modolo 1 point E/W @ 10/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
- Caleb Ewan 0.5 points E/W @ 20/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
- Kristian Sbaragli 0.5 points E/W @ 33/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
STAGE 4 Tips
- Sonny Colbrelli 1 point E/W @ 12/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
- Kristian Sbaragli 0.5 points E/W @ 20/1 with BetVictor (Click Here)
Tagged with: Cycling